The Red Hot Dancing Queens (RHDQ) mission is to dance and celebrate diversity in each and every way every day; and prides itself on creativity, uniqueness, community, and being family-friendly and fun.
RHDQ has original moves, great songs, leaders, members, and support team members with a variety of dance and/or team backgrounds, and great songs.
All members bring a vast array of qualities to each and every performance and parade. RHDQ is made up of family, friends & Greater Cincinnati community. We have mothers & daughters, husbands, fathers, and sons in RHDQ. Members come from across Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Louisiana, the U.S., and around the globe, including U.K. & Australia.
RHDQ was created by President & Captain Claire Stewart, in Spring of 2015, after she moved to Greater Cincinnati, from New Orleans. She is a member of a dance troupe and parade krewe there too.
RHDQ debuted at the 42nd Cincinnati Gay Pride Parade on June 27th, 2015.
RHDQ paraded in the 40th anniversary of Krewe of King Arthur Parade, on Sunday, February 19th, 2017. – Known as the First Family Sunday of Mardi Gras.
The Red Hot Dancing Queens are award winners:
- Best Overall Entry NKY Inaugural Pride 2017 & 2018;
- Deutsche Preis Cultural Award Bockfest 2017;
- Best Nonprofit in Cincinnati Pride 2016;
- Best Dance Group in the 2016 Bockfest Parade;
- Best Marching Group in the 2015 Kiwanis Harvest Home Parade.
- Runners-Up – “The People’s Choice Award” in the 2015 Northside 4th of July Parade;
- 3rd Place – 2018 Best Entertainment at the Queen Bee Half Marathon
- Best Entry in the 2016 Red’s Opening Day Parade out of approximately 200 entries;
- Best Entry – 2015 Mason Parade.
- RHDQ received an Honorable Mention – 2016 Northside 4th of July Parade.
If you are interested in joining (we do have a wait list), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re a team committed to an inclusive, community dance krewe that channels the love of New Orleans parading and the heart and soul of Cincinnati. Let us know if you are interested in helping out on parade days as a part of our Royal Court of Support, or would like us to perform at your parade and/or event, by emailing us at email@example.com.